BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, December 4, 2009

Black Umfolosi

Tonight I went to a concert. It was cool. There were five men and they did dances and they sang. And it was all music from Africa. They waved their arms and they stomped their feet.

And they kept making jokes about how Canadians dance funny. But Canadians don't dance funny! I'm a Canadian, and I don't dance funny. I like to dance like Michael Jackson.

They sang all together and they didn't have any instruments. They all had their own part. Like, one dude was supposed to say that he saw a difference in the dances.

And it was my nanny's birthday. They brought her up on the stage. I loved that. We got to saw her dance. And she was trying to dance like the guy and he was wiggling his butt. A lot of people got up on stage, but I think some of them it weren't actually their birthday.

Why couldn't I come up and dance? Okay, I didn't want to, but I guess it would have been fun.

2 comments:

nancy (aka moneycoach) said...

Hey, I was there too! I thought it was a pretty cool show. I really wanted to go dance on the stage too, but I was just a bit too shy. Next time! My favourite was the end - the gumboots dancing.

Michael said...

My favourite was the part where they got up and danced. My nanny was the one in the red. I was just a bit too shy, too.